>These Tricep exercises for women, will give you toned and sexy arms!
[A lady with firm and tones arms, doing a tricep kick-back, one of the top tricep exercises for women.]
A large majority of women, simply refuse to expose their arms, because of the excess fat or lack of muscular definition. There are some specific exercises that can burn fat, and give you the definition that you are looking for.
I am sure that you are like most women and are concerned that by doing these exercises that you will be building muscle, that might make you look masculine. However, like Rusty Moore says in “Visual Impact For Women“, women just don’t have enough testosterone to build big muscles.
Those women who do have the large muscles, are usually on a special diet loaded with additional hormones. So ladies you don’t have to worry about become too masculine form these arm exercises for women.
Just add 1 or 2 of these tricep exercises for women into your normal workout and your will be amazed at the results!
These are the top five tricep exercises for women:
1. Hanging Dips: Not only great tricep exercise but also a great shoulder, core and balance exercise. Many gyms have dip bars available, but if yours doesn’t just do dips off a bench. For hanging: Hold yourself up on the two dip handles and slowly bend your arms, lowering yourself towards the ground… lower until arms are at 90 degrees. If on a bench, dip down till 90 degrees make sure not to go lower as this can put pressure on your shoulders. A great tip… slow the move down so it takes 4-6 seconds to lower to 90 degrees then press up and repeat the slow negative (lowering).
2. Dumbbell Tricep Extension: Sit straight or stand for this one. Grab a dumbbell holding it over your head with both arms and slowly lower down behind your head… and return to start. You can also use just one arm at a time but of course make sure to lower the weight you would use.
3. Skull crusher: I just like the name of this move… Lay on a bench with a small barbell, the gym often has smaller 3 ft. pre-weighted ones… hold it up straight and slowly bend the arms lowering the bar towards your forehead. Work on slow lowering of 4-6 seconds.
4. Close Grip push-ups: This one you can do anywhere! And like the dips it’s an overall muscle workout, core, back, chest and especially the triceps. Get into a push up position and place hands directly under your shoulders. Keeping elbows in by your side lower down for push ups and return to start. Make sure you’re squeezing your stomach and butt at the same time!
5. Tricep Kick-backs: Kneel comfortably on a bench with the same leg that you hold the weight with. Now with your back straight and your head looking straight ahead start with the weight at a ninety degree angle. Extend the weight keeping your elbow completely stationary.
There you have it, the five best tricep exercises for women!
Some Good Youtube Videos on Tricep Exercises For Women
Don’t let the names fool you, these four tricep exercises for women are the basis of getting tight and toned arms. After all, once you start using these exercises you will feel the burn and develop that infamous “V” in the backside of your arms.
Start using these tricep exercises for women, 2 to 3 times a week, for 3 sets of 8 to 10 reps. You will be amazed at what these tricep exercises for women will do to your arms!!
P.S. I am not a big fan of promoting other peoples programs and products on my website, but I am going to make an exception for this one. It is called, Visual Impact for Women, and they are currently offering a really sweet package for anyone who wants a complete solution for getting slim, fit and a feminine physique not to mention some great tricep exercises for women.
Visual Impact for Women, comes with a comprehensive guide, along with a 12 week advanced “Progressive Cardio” program, detailed exercise demonstration manual and printable workout charts. I highly recommend that you at least take a look at their free video, they are giving away tons of free information that anyone reading this blog will like. Please make sure you watch it until the end.
If you liked this article then I highly recommend Rusty Moore’s, Should Women Do The Same Typpe of Workout As Men or check out his “Best Of” section—> Best of Fitness Black Book. This page is full of golden info, and have some great sets of tricep exercises for women
Get Access to 7 Foods That Burn Fat
Enter your information to get immediate access to My Free Report!